What is News in Education?
Our award-winning Fairfax Media News in Education programme provides New Zealand teachers with high-quality, motivating, curriculum-based resources. NiE mini newspapers are written by teachers who understand the curriculum and the pressures facing today's teachers.
Our NiE programme consists of 8-page mini newspapers aimed at five different curriculum levels and supported by teacher notes. The five programmes are:
- Go Zone Junior - curriculum level 1 (Year 1-2 students)
- Go Zone - curriculum level 2 (Year 3-4 students)
- i-Site - curriculum level 3 (Year 5-6 students)
- Newslinks - curriculum level 4 (Year 7-8 students)
- Zoned In - curriculum level 5 (Year 9-10 students)
All five NiE programmes are based firmly on the curriculum and are easily implemented into your literacy programme.
The teacher notes supporting each topic provide relevant curriculum links and include scaffolding suggestions, activities and ideas for further extension.
We aim to support teachers in the classroom rather than add to their workload.